Fun fact: 303 was the first ever company to develop a UV-screening treatment
This is what makes the product stand out.
Features of the 303 Marine Protectant
Ease of application
When you buy the 303 Marine Protectant, you do not need to go back to the shop to buy a spray bottle with which to apply the product. It shows up fully equipped to handle the job, and all you have to do is spray it on the desired surface and give it a good wipe-down with a cloth. The bottle’s neck is designed to give your grip a snug fit that allows you to spray away without the feeling of discomfort.
We all love a product that comes with the possibility of being used in multiple ways. This product is ideal for use on many surfaces, especially on boats that are exposed to direct sunlight for long periods at a time.
It works well for leather, plastic, vinyl and fiber glass surfaces. In case you have a boat, you can use it in the following ways:
- In the interior- Using this product on the interior surfaces of the boat keeps them from aging fast and restores their shine and smoothness.
- On boat fenders- During the summer months when the sun is hottest, using this product keeps your boat’s fenders in excellent condition. It keeps them from cracking up and fading.
- On bimini tops – In the hot moths during the summer, this product keeps these surfaces from getting cracks due to drying and from losing their color. In the cold winter months, it prevents them from drying and subsequently cracking, and it also keeps them quite pliable. Aside from this, it makes the work of removing built up snow easy and quick.
This product is not just reserved for boat owners. Anyone with outdoor furniture that experiences exposure to sunlight and rain can use it to maintain the integrity and quality of the said furniture. It helps to keep plastic and metal furniture from fading and cracking up, and it maintains the original sheen with which they came.
Anti Ultra Violet Ray properties
The 303 Marine Protectant is infused with anti-UV agents. These UV blockers coat the surface of these parts and keep the rays from penetrating through.
You do not want to directly expose leather and vinyl to UV since it has the capacity to cause cracking and fading of color over time. This is what makes the 303 Marine Protectant a necessary commodity.
When this product is applied on to your boat or outdoor furniture’s surfaces, it helps to keep dust away. While other materials encourage the accumulation of dirt and dust, this particular product actually repels it and keeps it from settling at all. For this reason, the boat’s surfaces and outdoor furniture are able to stay cleaner and shinier longer. This means less work for you since you do not need to keep wiping them down every now and then.
Restores luster and lost color
The 303 Marine Protectant does not just prevent surfaces in your boat and furniture from fading and cracking, it also restores that which has already been lost. This means that you can apply it onto old surfaces whose physical state has deteriorated. It is able to improve their look and restore them to a better condition. While it cannot have them looking as good as new, it is possible to improve them to a decent form.
Dries to a clear-matt finish
This product does not air dry like other cleaners and polishing agents. It actually depends on the rubbing action to dry up. The more you rub it onto the surface when applying it, the better it bonds and settles. It does not form a waxy feel but develops a dry matt finish instead. This matt is responsible for repelling dust and dirt. It also forms a protective layer that keeps the surfaces from deteriorating in quality again. This layer is conveniently water proof, and it keeps the surfaces and outdoor furniture from being degraded by moisture.
A good number of people have concerns regarding the safety of chemical based products meant to be used in the spaces they come into direct contact with. And for good reason. Many cleaning and polishing agents contain chemicals that may cause painful skin reactions and, in extreme cases, respiratory distress.
If this is one of your biggest concerns, you need not worry. The 303 Marine Protectant is a safe material that has no direct impact on your hands and skin. It also does not contain chemicals that can harm your respiratory system, and once dry, it becomes inert. This means that it remains non reactive to air, water and most chemical compounds. It also does not bear corrosive properties against organic material such as wood, but it is not to be used on it.
Now that you know the main features of the 303 Marine Protectant, how should you go about using it?
Easy peasy. Follow these steps:
- Clean all surfaces on which you want to use the 303 Marine Protectant, ensuring all dirt, dust and other foreign material is entirely removed.
- Dry the surfaces entirely, leaving no moisture as it may affect the quality of the finish after applying the protectant.
- Spray the surfaces with the 303 Marine Protectant and use a dry cloth to wipe it dry. Note that this should be done away from direct sunlight.
- In case you notice smudges or streaks of the protectant on any surfaces, it means that too much of it has been applied. Proceed to immediately wipe it down until the surface is dry and clear.
- Buff it with a dry cloth to enforce the bonding and increase the luster of surface on which you are using it.
- Repeat this ever 3 – 5 weeks depending on the amount of exposure to UV rays your boat or furniture experiences.
- Powerful UV blockers prevent fading, cracking and premature aging
- Dries to a clear matte finish
- Restores lost color and luster
- Safe and effective for: vinyl, Plexiglas, carbon fiber, rubber, plastics and finished leather
- Cleaner Size: 16 oz.
- It is easy to use
- Protects surfaces from UV rays
- Restores dry, cracked and faded surfaces
- It can be used on multiple surfaces
- Is safe
- Repels dust
- It is not ideal for use on unfinished leather, canvas and wood surfaces
Verdict: So, would I recommend this product?
Nothing makes me happier than seeing my boat thriving and shining out in the open ocean. I love when the sun’s rays get reflected off the surfaces and the shiny look of the interior. Unfortunately, the boat can only maintain this sheen for a short time due to excess sun. The 303 Marine Protectant has been instrumental in ensuring that the boat maintains this new and beautiful look even in extreme weather. I find it easy to use and quite effective and that is why I would absolutely recommend it.