If you’re a driver, you have dealt with a flat tire so you have some knowledge and workings of a car jack. The best car jack under $100 is a very important piece of equipment in your home or car, especially when you need to lift tones of metal in the air.
It’s very important to have a good car jack that works properly because using a faulty one can pose a life-threatening situation especially when you’re working under your car. However, most of the reliable jacks tend to be a bit pricey, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get a durable and dependable jack with the same features for under $100.
Types of Car Jacks
Apart from the mechanical and hydraulic car jacks, there are 4 common types of jacks which include:
This is the simplest type of jack and one that most people are familiar with. It is hand operated and uses a long self-locking jack screw to lift your car up. The legs are drawn closer so they grow higher. This type of jack is specifically built for specific car models so they can lift certain points in the car. They’re very lightweight, simple to use, requires you only to keep it clean, and you can easily store it in the trunk of your car or garage.
This is also a very common car jack that you’ll not only use to change your tires but also when doing general maintenance and repairs on your car. It looks like a skateboard with a long handle stick on one end. They come with 4 wheels and uses hydraulic pressure to lift heavy objects with ease. This jack comes in different weight capacities so you need to know the gross tonnage of your car so you can get a floor jack with the right weight capacity. The downside to this jack is that it’s heavy and bulky and not very practical for putting in your trunk.
Bottle or piston jack
This is a small but very versatile jack that is very easy to store in your car trunk. It uses a vertical hydraulic cylinder with the help of a level that you manually pump to create pressure that can lift a large vehicle with ease. It has a wide base for better stability and can even function on their sides to push heavy objects or bend metal bars. It’s a fairly compact jack that comes with different lifting capacities so it can lift from 2-100 tons.
This is a recovery jack used to lift a car stuck in the mud, changing a flat tire, or to free your car. This jack is designed to raise off-road vehicles and cars with a lifted chassis. It has a maximum lift of 5 feet and a maximum capacity of 7000 pounds. It’s a pretty heavy and long jack that you don’t want to carry around in your regular car. It has a small footplate so it can be unstable and can potentially cause serious injuries if not handled properly.
What to look for in a Car Jack
It can be tricky when you’re looking for the right car jack for your car, but there are a few things you should keep in mind and will help you in picking the right jack that will suit your needs.
What material the jack is made out of and its build quality is very important if you want a jack that will last for a long time. Look for a jack made of solid metal that feels sturdy and robust because it has to be stable enough to supports tons of weight when lifting your car. Choose a heavier car jack instead of a lighter one because it will provide better stability.
Most hydraulic car jacks are rated by how much weight they can lift and support. If you have a bigger, heavier car, you want to get a jack with a higher weight rating. Most jacks are rate 2-3 tons which is enough weight to support most cars, but bigger cars like SUVs or large luxury sedans may need a 4-ton jack.
Lifting pad height
A car jack is supposed to go under your car to access specific lifting points. This means if the size of the lifting pad is more than the ground clearance of your car, then you might not be able to place a jack under your car. If you’re using a bottle jack, it can’t fit under all vehicles, but it’s perfect for lifting a truck. On the other hand, if you own a sports car, a floor jack would be more ideal because it has a low profile and it can slide easily under the car. The lifting pad must have at least an inch of clearance from the lifting point under your car.
Most jacks have a padded section at the lifting point. The rubber material that is located where it comes into contact with your car helps to prevent the jack from scratching your car. This is a very simple feature, but it plays a very important role when it comes to maintaining your car while still providing a needed service.
Some car jacks can be a bit challenging to move or store and depending on how sophisticated the jack is, you might end up with very large equipment with not enough space for storage. A jack with storage-friendly features like units that can fold in upon themselves can make it easier to store since most people have limited workspace.
Table for the Best Car Jack under $100
Check on Amazon
Lifting height 6-21 inches, 3-ton capacity, extra long saddle neck, 360-degree swivel casters
Lifting range 4-15 inches, 1.5-ton capacity, the extra-wide base
Lifting range 15-23 inches, 6-ton capacity, wide pyramid base, large saddle surface area
Lifting range 7-13 inches, 2-ton capacity, glide-action pump, serrated saddle
Lifting range 5-15 inches, 2.5-ton capacity, swivel casters, low profile
Lifting range 3-14 inches, 2-ton capacity, low profile, built-in safety valve
Lifting range 5-14 inches, 1-ton capacity, 12V fully automatic,
- Hydraulic trolley floor jack is constructed with heavy duty steel, providing long term durability with an industrial luster
- Features a 3 ton (6,000 lb) capacity with a minimum lifting height of 5-7/8" and a maximum height of 20-7/8"; Ideal for most cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs
- Equipped with (2) large steel casters and (2) 360-degree swivel casters for smooth maneuverability; Extra long saddle neck saves time when lifting higher vehicles.Handle Length:24.5 inch
- Single piston quick lift pump allows you to easily raise the jack to the desired height; Safety bypass system prevents over-loading and ensures safe operation.Rubber-tipped tongs
- Built-in carrying handle allows for the floor jack to be lifted and moved quickly; Includes a limited 1 year manufacturer warranty
This hydraulic trolley floor jack is made with heavy-duty durable steel which increases its lifespan. You can use it to lift sedans, trucks, and SUVs thanks to its high lift capacity. It has a height lifting range of between 6-21 inches and an extra-long handle that makes it easy to lift large vehicles. This jacks weighs 43 pounds which is relatively light for a 3-ton floor jack and this makes it very easy to maneuver by hand and move around on concrete. It’s recommended to use this jack on very flat surface floors to prevent the jack from rolling out under your car. It uses a single-piston quick lift pump to quickly raise your car and a safety bypass device to prevent over-loading to keep you safe when using the jack.
- The removable extra-long neck is very handy
- Very easy to store
- Very affordable
- Easy to move around
- It’s not durable
- Lacks a rapid lift release
A lightweight 43 pounds hydraulic trolley jack that can lift to 3 tons. It can comfortably lift medium to large cars easily like SUVs and trucks.
- Collapsible, steel scissor lift jack has a compact design that can be used as a rugged replacement jack or as an extra utility jack that can be stored in the trunk of your car
- Features a lifting range of 4-1/8" to 15-1/8" with a 1.5 ton (3,000 lb) capacity
- Engineered using a drop forged alloyed steel construction for quality and durability
- Equipped with an extra-wide base which adds stability and strength; 1 piece handle delivers on-the-spot quick response and speed
- Meets ANSI/ASME PASE safety standards and includes a limited 1 year manufacturer warranty
This is a fully collapsible scissor jack that has a compact design which you can also use as an extra utility jack and you can easily store in the trunk of your car. It has a lifting range of 4-15 inches with a 1.5-ton weight capacity. It’s designed with an extra-wide base which strengthens the jacks and it adds to its stability. It’s a great jack to have in the trunk of your car in case you have an emergency tire change. This is a great jack for lifting small and medium-sized cars.
- The wide base provides stability
- Great for lifting small cars
- Folds easily for easy storage
- A great emergency jack
- Material isn’t very sturdy
A light and easy to store emergency jack that has a wide base for better stability and a low lifting range so it can easily lift small to medium-sized cars.
- Double locking jack stands help support vehicles after lifting with a jack; Handles a wide range of vehicles including small cars, jeeps, ATV's, UTV's, and more
- Features a lifting range of 15-3/8" to 23-13/16" with a 6 ton (12,000 lb) load capacity; Saddle has a large surface area that provides better contact with the load being supported
- Constructed with heavy-duty steel and is industrial welded for quality and long term durability; Removable locking support pin provides added security that increases safety by 200%
- Wide pyramid style foot base provides added strength; Large foot base delivers additional stability and measures 7-11/16" x 6-7/8"
- Multi-position forged iron ratchet bar has a sawtooth design, allowing for quick height adjustments that lock into place; Meets ASME safety standards and includes a limited 1 year manufacturer warranty
These jack stands are sturdy, very easy to use, and relatively cheap which is a great addition to your garage. These stands are welded properly to be able to hold your car and keep it safe as you work underneath. They will last for a long time which makes them a great long-term investment. With a lifting range of 15-23 inches and a load capacity of 6 tons, this stands can handle a wide range of cars from the small cars to the jeeps and UTVs. The saddle has a wide surface area so it has better contact with your car to provide more support. They’re made with heavy-duty steel for quality and durability while the removable locking support pin ensures the jacks are secure. The wide pyramid base adds strength to the jacks while increasing their stability. The iron ratchet bar has saw teeth which ensures any height adjustment you make is locked in place.
- The safety pin is a great safety measure
- The wide base keeps the jack stable
- It’s not very heavy
- The welds aren’t quality
Very easy to use and stable stand jacks that you can easily put at the trunk of your car. They have safety pins that add to your safety and a saddle with a wide surface area to provide support and stability.
- Hydraulic bottle jack designed for residential and commercial use; Serrated, heat treated saddle provides generous lifting area and secure grip
- Features a lifting range of 7-1/8" to 13-5/8" with a 2 ton (4,000 lb) capacity; Adjustable screw top extension adds versatility
- Engineered using a drop forged alloyed steel construction for quality and durability; Inner/outer welded structure delivers leak-free performance
- Glide-action pressure pump is designed to lift with minimal effort; Integrated built-in oil-bypass and overload valve that protects the hydraulic system from extending beyond limits
- Meets ASME PASE safety standards and includes a limited 1 year manufacturer warranty
This hydraulic bottle jack is designed to be used by small and large vehicles. It’s made with forged alloy steel with an inner and outer welded structure to provide both quality and durability while ensuring there are no leaks for better performance. It has a lighting capacity range of between 7-13 inches with a weight capacity of 2 tons. This means this jack can comfortably lift small to medium cars with ease. The glide-action pump is designed to ensure that you apply the least effort when lifting your car. The serrated saddle provides enough grip surface area and a secure grip which keeps your car stable throughout. To prevent overloading, there is a safety bypass and overload valve which ensures that the hydraulic system doesn’t over-extend itself. At the saddle, there is an adjustable screw that extends the top for versatility.
- It lifts effortlessly
- It’s not big or bulky so it’s easy to store in the trunk
- A large base for better stability
- A versatile jack
- Sometimes the jack gets stuck
A small but very powerful hydraulic jack that you can use to lift just about any type of vehicle with ease. It has great safety measures and it’s well constructed to hold the weight in place.
- IDEAL USE: Great for lifting cars and light duty trucks
- CAPACITY: 4,000 lbs, allowing you to lift almost any kind of vehicle for maintenance
- LIFT RANGE: 5 to 15-1/2 inches, ensuring almost anyone can easily get underneath for proper repair work
- SWIVEL CASTERS: Being on wheels makes this jack lift easy to put in exactly the place you need it
This low profile floor jack is designed to handle light-duty cars and trucks and can easily raise them from between 4-20.5 inches in the air. It’s made with a durable flanged steel frame that gives it exceptional stability so it doesn’t matter if you’re lifting a 2000 pound or 7000-pound weight, this floor jack will ensure that your car is raised safely and efficiently. It has a built-in saddle that can rotate 360 degrees to give you a more accurate position when you’re lifting while the swivel casters at the back maneuver in the right position, especially when you’re working in tight places. The bypass valve will prevent the jack from overloading so you can confidently work under your car without worrying about your car crashing down on you.
- Solid heavy construction
- It has a carrying handle that makes it easy to move around
- The metal wheels add to the durability
- Fairly easy to use
- The pump handle is a bit short
- Narrow wheelbase
A low profile floor jack with a 3.5-ton capacity and a saddle that can rotate 360 degrees to give you a more accurate position for your lift for more stability.
- Extra low profile
- Lifting range of 3-1/2 inches to 14 inches
- Patented bypass device protects against over pumping for safe operations
- Built-in safety valve provides overload protection. Rust Resistant
- Heavy duty steel construction provides long term durability
This low profile floor jack has a lifting range of between 3-14 inches with a 2 tom weight capacity. It’s ideal for lifting low ground clearance cars and a great choice if you have a small to the medium-sized family car. It’s a sturdy and well-built device with heavy-duty steel to provide long-lasting durability and can easily slide under your car. To ensure the jack doesn’t over pump above its limited capacity, there are an in-built safety valve and bypass device that provides overloading protection. This is an excellent jack for lifting vehicles below 4000 pounds and it will quickly and efficiently get your car up without any hiccups.
- Well built and sturdy jack
- It’s cheap
- A great jack for small cars
- The hydraulic fluid might leak
A budget-friendly floor jack that is ideal for lifting small to medium-sized cars with safety measures to prevent the jack from overloading.
- Compact size stores in car for emergencies
- 2,000 lb. capacity, 5 to 14 inch lifting height
- Push button controller with 12 foot cord, plugs into car 12 volt dc power outlet
- Packaged in plastic storage case for easy transport and storage
- Lightweight design; case and jack weighs only 11 pounds
This automatic electric jack addresses the issue of the scissor jack having a narrow profile which causes stability issues, and the tedious routine of having to keep rotating the screw to raise the lifting pad. This jack comes with an electric motor that automatically rotates the screw which raises the lifting pad. This is an ideal jack to have in your trunk in case of an emergency tire change. It’s powered by your car’s cigarette lighter and it’s lightweight so it’s super easy to transport. It can lift height of between 5-14 inches with just the press of a button. It has dual side stands that ensure the jack is stable at all times and is securely in place. You can use this jack to easily change tires on an SUV or a trunk without giving in or breaking.
- Great for lighting small cars
- It uses your DC power outlet to lift your car
- Quickly lifts your car automatically
- Needs a stable base
An automatic electric jack that will come in handy when you have an unexpected tire bust on the road. It saves you a lot of time and effort for pumping the jack.
Car jacks are very useful devices that will come in handy when you’re doing car maintenance and repairs in your garage. However, it’s not always easy to find the best car jacks under $100 that will both suit your needs and your pocket. The Big red Torin hydraulic trolley jack is a heavy-duty and durable floor jack that you can use to lift most cars and it comes with safety measures that will ensure you’re safe when working underneath your car.
One thing you need to remember is not to use a floor jack alone when you’re working underneath your car. Get a pair of solid jack stands that will help in holding your car up as a safety precaution in case the jack gives way.